“in the pocket ….”
CSL Integrated Spring Blocks, Global Tuners, Global Tuner Pros and Semi-Stabilizers are OFR as well as Schaller FR vintage tremolo compatible [3 x M5 @ .669 screw pattern] in three vintage lengths, 32, 37 and 42mm [measuring from the 1 mm OFR spring spacer to the end of the spring block].
Integrated Spring Blocks Setup
1.675″ steel 51001‘s and 42, 37 and 32mm brass 51002 spring blocks include a locking adjustable stop — Used in the 2:22 and 2:92 Standard models, are meant to fit the traditional smaller tremolo routing pattern and spring hole placement. 10mm Setscrew can be postponed against inner tremolo pocket wall to Stop the Tremolo.
CSL Global Tuner Setup
Tuned brass spring blocks feature a stainless steel Thumbwheel and Secondary Spring Holder with a 1) Global Tuner Mode to adjust your spring tension on-the-fly or 2) an alternate Stop Tuner Mode which places the Secondary Spring Holder against the inner face of the tremolo pocket to totally block rotation in one direction.
Global Tuner Mode
- Ensure there is an approximate .031/.75mm gap between the Secondary Spring Holder and the Base, secure with 2mm hex wrench and complete standard floating tremolo setup to establish Initial Position – Use the thumbwheel to fine-tune the position of the Secondary Spring Holder to adjust the tension of the tremolo springs on-the-fly. Like any floating setup — sensitive at initial position, and great for flutters, etc.
On-the-fly adjustment of the 61000 …. flip the guitar holding the tremolo arm, pivot the spring block forward to release tremolo spring tension and adjust …. 00:12 shows spring block under tension to compare… optional tensioning setscrew for thumbwheel ….
Global Tuner Stop Mode
- Position the Secondary Spring Holder extended portion to make Initial Contact with the face of the tremolo pocket at Initial Position to block the tremolo so it always comes back to the original initial position — great for drop tunings, double-stops, too.
Secondary Spring Holder offsets the traditionally placed spring holes about 5.5mm in the direction of the Spring Claw. CSL Copper plated springs are recommended.
Global Tuner Pro with Dual-Stabilizers Setup
This Global Tuner Pro features an integrated stainless steel thumbwheel with a secondary spring holder providing built-in Dual Stabilizers. OFR compatible, .669 [17mm] x 3 M5 screw spacing. Gotoh/Ibanez compatible versions Spring 2017.
Setup and Install
FIRST — Ensure there is an approximate .031/.75mm gap between the Secondary Spring Holder and the Base, secure lightly with 2mm hex wrench – Loosen to use the thumbwheel to fine-tune the position of the dual stabilizers after setup.
SECOND — Complete a FULL SETUP [like for any other floating tremolo] the string height adjusted [very important], the truss rod adjustment [important], strings stretched and at pitch, balance tremolo spring tension to float at Initial Position, ie. Base Plate is 90º to the riser posts:
- Ensure the Spring Claw is parallel or “true” to the Global Tuner – see second figure.
- Install CSL Noiseless Springs — if using the same springs, reposition Spring Claw screws approximately .200/5mm deeper, same pattern.
THIRD — Adjust position of Contact Pins so that they are barely touching the inner tremolo wall at Initial Position.
FOURTH — Global Tuner Pro Thumbwheel is used to adjust the position of the two Contact Pins [after setup] for minor environmental conditions – takes about a ¼ ~ 1/3 turn …. Don’t forget to check truss rod too!
Adjust Spring Claw — Fine Tune Up and Down Returns
- If the up returns are sharp, it means the tremolo springs are too tight, etc. — reposition the Spring Claw. Use slight adjustments to start.
- If one side of the returns is off, adjust the matching side of the Spring Claw.
- Allow for the customary time for the springs and strings to adjust or settle in, especially, if you are changing your setup, etc.
Dual Stabilizer — Internal Tension Adjustment
Firmness of the Stabilizers at Initial Position is adjusted by rotating the Tensioners.
- Tightening the Tensioner increases the firmness at Initial Position – great for CSL Drop Tuner or similar, double stops, stable strumming, etc.
- Loosening the Tensioner decreases firmness – for a looser classic feel for “flutter” effects, etc.
Enforce Initial Position with an adjustable “Firm Stop” for high stability from dive bomb and bends above and stable strumming — drop tunings and double stops too. Pre-tensioned for easy install and adjustable for 3 or 4 spring operation, string gage, varied spring pockets dimensions.
There may be a slight “tap” sound with up returns, when the Contact Pins meet the inner tremolo pocket when the tension of the Tremolo Springs is high or the Stabilizers are on a “firm setting”, i.e., threaded deeply into the Secondary Spring Holder.
Fits most routings, best with larger performance oriented tremolo pockets. OFR compatible, .669  M5 x 3 screw spacing.
Squeeze the Semi-stabilizer, if necessary, to insert the tremolo with the Semi-stabilizer installed into the tremolo pocket, increase tension of the tremolo springs until the tremolo seats at Initial Position — allow time for the tremolo springs and Semi-stabilizer to seat properly and acclimate.
CSL Semi-stabilizer Demo
CSL Sophia 2:22 with 20001 stainless steel dual-loading bridge elements and the steel 1.675″ 51001 Integrated spring Block on a licensed Warmoth Strat build — the CSL Semi-stabilizer while providing an apparent increase in sustain, stablizes pedal tones when bending notes … great for double stops …. non-destructive install
In a floating tremolo setup, dropping the pitch of one string a whole tone or breaking a string, releases enough string tension to tilt the base plate back out of initial position to make the adjacent pitches go out of tune. Bending the string does the opposite.
The CSL Semi-Stabilizer shown above with the CSL Integrated Spring Blocks — a short leg secured between the spring block and the base plate [OFR compatible, .669  x 3 M5 screw spacing] and the longer leg extending at an angle between the spring block and the inner tremolo pocket face.
The CSL Semi-Stabilizer accessory is low-cost stainless steel, limited-adjustability, invisible to user, non-invasive innovation to provide a “Soft Stop” that is great for stable returns from dive bomb techniques and providing for “double-stops”, etc.
Coherent Sound In Light and its related logo are US Registered Trademarks and are protected accordingly. Coherent Sound In Light incorporates McCabe US patents and related IP
c & p all rights reserved — specifications subject to change without notice.
Ping Well Industries, 3rd Street, Shuh Yih Li Taichung 40241, Taiwan Phone: 886 42-261-9139.