Intonation is adjusted by inserting a 2mm hex wrench into the Intonation Port next to the string slot to loosen, reposition and retighten in the normal manner. Each Intonation Screw includes an additional hex socket accessed from under the base plate.
Deluxe / 60:1 Macro-tuner Setup Guide
***Lock the strings before using the tuner knob***
Installing a string with the ball-end:
Insert the plain end of the string through the Tuner Knob, the Tuner Pin and up over the String Slot until the Ball End is resting against the end of the Tuner Pin within the end of the Tuner Knob.
Using the Dual Loading/Locking String Clamp:
*********CLAMP BEFORE TUNING THE STRINGS**********
Insert a hex wrench through the Locking Screw Access Port [Deluxe] and Slot [Sophia] into the 2mm hex socket to tighten the setscrew to clamp the string — loosen the setscrew to remove the string.
Tightening the clamp in the Macro-tuner will position the setscrew out of the way so you can turn the Tuner Knob freely. Avoid using the Tuner Knob with the setscrew loose or extended.
Alternative String Slot Sting Loading
Insert a wound string, up to .060, or about .50 – .75” exposed core of a wound string up to .070, through the string slot and into the tuner pin deeply enough to get the windings over the Intonation Point [IP] to clamp successfully. That way, the cut end of the string is not sticking out of the back of either the Deluxe or the Macro-tuner knob. The other end of the string is secured by a headpiece, locking nut or tuning pegs with or without the ball-end …
On-the-Fly Intonation Adjustment:
- Loosen tension in the string by the tuning peg
- Use the Tuner Knob to thread the Tuner Pin, say .100/2.5mm, back to a second position — see third figure below — retune to pitch using tuning pegs
- Unthread the Tuner Pin back to the first position, fully relaxing the string, to access the Intonation Screw
- Loosen the Intonation Screw to adjust position, tighten and retune, verify, etc.
“Feel” Adjustable Determined By Tuner Pin Position:
Tuner Pin — Tight feel/traditional fine tuning/tuning pegs — small range –
Tuner Pin — Looser feel/tuning pegs — larger fine tuner range
Tuner Pin — Min .250 range for headless usage and Intonation Adjustment
Tuner Pin — Max .350 range for headless usage
CSL Drop Tuner Setup Guide
CSL Drop Tuner is a lever-based quick tuning accessory for the Macro-tuners… easily change from one pre-determined pitch to another, say, E to D on the 6th string, and then back again … recommended with 51000 and 61000 with Stop Mode features or Global Tuner Pro and the CSL Coupling Stabilizer — see below.
Flipping the Drop Tuner lever activates a cam to variably shift the position of the Tuner Pin and Tuner Knob assembly within the Macro-tuner body a pre-set amount.
Fine Adjustment Screw Setup
- Ensure no offset between the two brackets, The D Position
- Extend the setscrew to make contact the with lever
- Tune to “D” by the tuning peg and/or Macro-tuner
- Flip the lever to the E Position, engaging the cam against the setscrew, to verify accuracy
- If the “E” is flat, flip the lever to access and slightly extend the setscrew and retune/flatten the string to compensate
- Verify in E Position … repeat prior step until both pitches are true under typical tremolo usage, string stretch, etc. conditions
CSL offers several solutions to support adjacent string tension for drop tuning:
- The built-in Adjustable Stop feature on the 51000 Spring Blocks and Global Tuner can be setup to limit the tremolo so that the tremolo can not tilt back.
- Global Tuner Pro — includes pre-tensioned dual stabilizers in the spring block to reinforce initial position for accurate returns from both directions, double stops and drop tunings.
- Using the Semi-Stabilizer to stabilize initial position for drop tunings along with double stops, etc. — accurate recovery in one direction only.
Non-locking nut test: Sophia 2:92 Pro [+] … 3 tremolo spring setup for a looser feel and a Drop Tuner prototype ….
Accurate returns from either direction — excellent inter-string harmonic stability for regular and drop tuning, especially for a non-locking nut arrangement….
CSL Bridge Elements
The CSL Dual Locking Bridge Elements, like the macro-tuners, provide the option to install and lock larger diameter strings through the string slot — found in the CSL Sophia 2:92 Deluxe as well as with CSL Sophia 3:22 Deluxe and 4:44 Deluxe.
CSL Sophia 2:22 Deluxe
The CSL Standard bridge elements upgrade are CNC milled brass or stainless steel, include a “top-loading” the string placement so that the reinforcement windings at the ball-end of the string advances to the .197 high intonation point — to eliminate string stretch without resorting to locking or clamping the string — includes string threading through the spring block for a looser more traditional feel.
CSL Sophia 2:22 Standard
Great with the CSL Semi-Stabilizer
Coherent Sound In Light and its related logo are US Registered Trademarks and are protected accordingly. Coherent Sound In Light incorporates McCabe US patents and related IP
c & p all rights reserved — specifications subject to change without notice.
Ping Well Industries, 3rd Street, Shuh Yih Li Taichung 40241, Taiwan Phone: 886 42-261-9139.